Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Be Creative - Day Two

I decided to do a Google Search on the word "Creativity". Two things of interest:

1. Google changes it's very simple homepage logo on every holiday. I like that. It is creative. Since yesterday was Halloween, the logo was full of ghouls, bats, ghosts, a haunted house and a full moon. It is little things like this that any company can do to spice up their world. I did not need to wonder if Google, as a company, has a creative heart.....it proved it does.

2. I searched the word "Creativity" and guess what website came up first? Crayola. Now that is great. Can you think of a time in your life when you were more creative than those carefree days when a crayon and a big-chief table was your ticket to anywhere? You could draw a spaceship, a castle or little puppies.

And their website is great. Geared not just to kids, but also for parents and educators. It is colorful and whimsical. It made me smile immediately. Sadly, I don't think most of us work for companies whose image create a huge grin on the faces of any random thirty-somethings who stumbles on the homepage.

I immediately borrowed my daughter's crayola crayons and sketched out a rocketship en route to the moon. Hey, it has probably been 25 years since I drew with crayons just for fun. You know what....it is fun.

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

No comments: