Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Praise Others Project (December 28th) - Donny Deutsch

My favorite book I read in 2006 (I read 32 books) was a surprise. It was Donny Deutsch's Often Wrong, Never In Doubt. I did not expect this guy's book to be amazing, yet his story is a real inspiration.

Before reading his book I only knew of Deutsch by reputation. I had not yet seen his CNBC TV Show, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch (which is now one of my favorite shows on cable). Let's just say his reputation is not always positive, but it turns out this guy is pretty cool.

Deutsch made his name in the advertising business as CEO of Deutsh, Inc. He took over a small agency from his father and transformed it into an industry powerhouse, winning agency of the year from AdWeek and Advertising Age in 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001.

What I loved most about his book was his philosophy of "Why Not Me?", which is Deutsch's motto. Regardless of the situation or opportunity, he built a multi-million dollar media business by asking him self, "Why Not Me?". If someone will achieve victory, "Why Not Me?".

Often Wrong, Never In Doubt is a great book that will make you think bigger about your possibilities. I also learned to look beyond the media reputations of celebrities and learn more about them before you develop your own opinions!

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: