Saturday, December 02, 2006

Praise Others Project (December 2nd) - Stephen R. Covey

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People is one book that everyone should have to read. MANDATORY, no choice! It was a life changing read for me when I was 25-years-old (wow, that was 15 years ago, YIKES), and one of only four books I have ever read twice!

I do not know Dr. Covey. I have never met him in person. I have never seen him speak live before an audience. But I feel that he had a huge influence on my life.

I could not imagine praising books and authors that I admire without including this classic. When I do public speaking about networking, business development and success I always ask the audience if they have read The Seven Habits. A bunch of hands always leap into the air, but never as many as one would think in a professional setting. After my presentation people will ask me if Covey's book is as good as they have heard. "Yes!, it is".

Thank you to Steven R. Covey for his important work that has touched so many people around the world. I hope someday our paths will cross and I can meet Dr. Covey, as I would like to say "thank you" in person.

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: