Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Have Heart: PLAY!

I received a hand written thank you note from a person who was in the audience at a presentation I gave recently in Dallas. I met several people that afternoon, and I always enjoy connecting with people after my speeches. It is fun to get up on stage, but the power is in the people.

While I am always a HUGE fan of the power of a hand written note, this one particularly caught my eye because of the message on the front of the card. Printed over the photo of a beach ball perched on the shore basking in the rays of a beautiful sunset were the words:

Live and work
but do not forget to play,
to have fun in life and really enjoy it.

-Eileen Caddy

I was overtaken by these simple eighteen words. I know that this message is so easily forgotten by many who are actively chasing their dreams, goals and aspirations.

Take a moment today to play. That can mean any one of a million things, but where there is joy, there is a heart. Connect with your heart and truly feel.

Enjoy.

thom

No comments: