Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Six Pixels of Separation


I read a lot of business books, but review few of them here on my blog. The reason for this is that few of them stand out from the pack.

I just finished reading "The Six Pixels of Separation" by Mitch Joel. There are several books on social media floating around right now, and I have read many, but this book was an above average informative piece.

Mitch Joel is the "Rock Star of Digital Media" (according to Marketing Magazine), and the president of Twist Image. His credentials aside, he wrote a book that can inform the novice while still making those with social media experience sit up and think about the topic.

I love the dedication to his family in the front of the book which begins with "Cells before Pixels", reminding us all that there is still the human element that outweighs the buzz about the digital age.

If you are looking for a book about this topic, I recommend this one.

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: