Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What Do You Do?

The question of "what do you do?" is common. In our professional interactions we are often faced with describing ourselves through our careers. I am taking this space to answer the question about what I do:

My career began in sales and marketing for Fortune 500 companies, law firms and entrepreneurial ventures. I now consider myself an observer, teacher and strategist. What I am really passionate about is being the catalyst that helps others discover their own path toward success. I recently mentored a group of professionals and assisted them to re-define their interpretation of a business development culture, and to embrace the sales process. It is sort of like being a sculptor, chipping away at the layers until something new is uncovered. I think what is unique about my "Some Assembly Required" and "Cooperative Significance" processes is the simplicity. Some of the ways I share my message with clients is through speaking, training, mentoring, and the nine books I have written on the power of business relationships, networking and presentation skills. The way I see it is that everyone wants to feel connected to the greater good - yet in today's "social media crazy" world we are more isolated than ever before. The point is nobody can achieve success alone. I lead people to fully engage in their professional community experiences and encourage them to make a difference.

What do you do?

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: