Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Birthday - To My Blog

While searching for an old article, I found this post from March 2006 where I wished a "Happy Birthday to my Blog" (yes, this from a guy who threw birthday parties for my dog when I was a kid!).

March 2005 I began this online effort.  Seven years later I am still here.  Nobody read this blog back then.  Now I have some regular subscribers and readers, and many more occasional visitors.  Some find me via search engines.  Others come here from a social media link they run across.

Writing this blog has been therapeutic.  It has sparked business opportunities.  I have met people online which has lead to in-person connections.  Most of all, it has been an ongoing constant part of my evolution as a writer, speaker, consultant, and person.

I have shared victories and failures with anyone who is interested.  I am reminded by readers when I make mistakes or fall short of expectations.  I have tried to be honest and helpful all the time.  The real one who learns from my blogging efforts is me.  I have discovered my own short-comings and have worked toward being better.

Being human is a journey.  Too many people forget this and form opinions of others from a limited view point and hold on to their judgments.  I am not the same as I was seven years ago, and this realization has helped me accept others for their own flaws.  Hopefully I have expanded my soul, and this blog has helped me along the way.  There is still a long way to go (I hope), and for those who are here with me..... THANK YOU.

I love to see others succeed, and try to be a resource for others.  Most often this is just by sharing and brainstorming.... as I believe we achieve more when be have friends than when we have foes.  If you find yourself reading these words, please reach out to me if I can be of assistance.

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: