Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Own Private #Blogathon ATX Goal


I attended Blogathon in Austin on Saturday, April 29, 2012.  For the event I came up with my own private  goal to write five blog posts in one day and post them on the Some Assembly Required Blog.  The purpose of the event is to bring bloggers together for a day of education, information, and networking... but I decided to make it about pushing my writing creative effort.

Sometimes it is hard to know what to write when you write a daily blog.  I get worried if too many posts will overwhelm people, while too little may bore those who visit regularly.  I know some of my posts are better than others, but I appreciate the response I get from readers to most of my work.

I set the goal and although I could not get them all done before I left the event (I had to leave early), I did finish all five posts before the end of the day.

In addition to meeting my goal, I also met several interesting people, reconnected with many old friends, and had a lot of fun.

To review the posts please visit my blog:   http://thomsinger.blogspot.com/search/label/BlogathonATX

Which post do you like best?

Have A Great Day.

thom singer


2 comments:

Zellmer said...

I like "who excites you" best. It made me feel better about being a little quirky, and it was a great reminder that feeling like you don't fit in (which is how I often feel) is okay, because at least it makes me different. And I whole heartedly agree that being different and exciting is what makes us more interesting and attractive, and therefore memorable, even in the business world.

thomsinger said...

Zellmer - Thanks for the comment. There is a speaker I know through the National Speakers Association (Randy Gage) who has a great line...."Variety Thrills... Sameness Kills". To be just like everyone else is blah.