Friday, May 04, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do - Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year Finalists


Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and professional lives.
I have been attending the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards in Austin for over a dozen years.  The event is like the "Academy Awards" for the local business community in this city that already celebrates entrepreneurship all year round.
Over the years several of my friends have been finalists and winners.... and it is always exciting to see the leaders of Austin's growing companies highlighted.  I saw the list of finalists this week on Eugene Sepulveda's Community Matters Blog.  While nobody on this list is a close friend (so I debated if it qualified for a "Cool Things My FRIENDS Do" post).... I know many of them and have friends who work in many of these organizations  (I ran into both Dan Graham and Brian Sharples this week and had delightful conversations with each of them.  Had I known they were going to be on this list I would have surely congratulated them in person!).
2012 EOY Austin Finalists:
  1. Timothy League, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas
  1. Dan Graham, BuildASign.com
  1. Barry Evans, Calxeda, Inc,
  1. Glenn Garland & Jim Stimmel, CLEAResult
  1. Jeffrey Dachis, Dachis Group
  1. Allen Gilmer, Drilling Info, Inc.
  1. Brian Sharples, HomeAway, Inc.
  1. Jonny Jones, Jones Energy Ltd
  1. Phil Miner, The Miner Corporation
  1. John Arrow, Mutual Mobile
  1. Kevin Cunningham and Mark McClain, SailPoint
  1. Samir “Sam” G. Hanna, SAM, Inc. (Survey And Mapping, Inc.)
  1. Gail Summers Page, Vermillion, Inc.
Congrats to all of them and I look forward to the black tie awards ceremony on June 7, 2012.  

(I also anticipate the fun at the Andrews Kurth "After Party".  The Austin office of the Andrews Kurth Law Firm hosts a celebration after the event that extends the party late into the evening.  When I worked for Andrews Kurth (and Brobeck. Phleger and Harrison before that) I was in charge of planning the "After Party" --- I like this party!!).

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: