Friday, July 20, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do - Five Friends Earn Their CSP Designation From NSA

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives.    

As you know from a series of recent posts on this blog, I am proud to be an active member of the National Speakers Association (NSA). The organization recently announced that 25 professional speakers have earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation in 2012.

Established in 1980, the CSP is the speaking profession's international measure of speaking experience and skill. Fewer than 10 percent of the speakers who belong to the Global Speakers Federation (GSF) hold this professional designation.

The CSP designation is conferred by the National Speakers Association and the Global Speakers Federation only on accomplished professional speakers who have earned it by meeting strict criteria. CSPs must document a proven track record of continuing speaking experience and expertise as well as a commitment to ongoing education, outstanding client service and ethical behavior.

This year FIVE of my friends were awarded their CSP at the NSA Annual Convention earlier this week in Indianapolis:

Patrick Henry

Jessica Pettitt

Jon Petz

Judson Laipply

Christopher Bauer


It is a big accomplishment for all 25 recipients, but I was especially proud of the five people who are my friends. They have made my experience in this industry special and have shown me the way to build a real business in the speaking industry (FYI, I will not be eligible to ally for the CSP for two more years!)

Congratulations to all.  For a complete list of the 2012 CSP's and more information on the National Speakers Association please visit this link:  http://www.nsaspeaker.org/media-center/news/2012/06/15/the-national-speakers-association-certifies-25-speaking-professionals

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: