Friday, August 17, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do - Pam Sherman, The Suburban Outlaw, Speaks at TEDx FlourCity

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives.   

I started this weekly post, "Cool Things My Friends Do", in March 2012 when I saw the video of a friend's TEDx Talk (Ed Cavazos).  It got me thinking about how we need to publicly celebrate the cool actions of those we care about.  Too often blogs get self-centered, and I wanted to do more than just show my own stuff.  I found that it is always easy to run across a person in my life who is up to amazing things.

This week I am highlighting another TEDx Talk.  My friend Pam Sherman gave a presentation at TEDxFlourCity (Rochester, NY). Pam is known as The Suburban Outlaw, and is an author, speaker, consultant and magazine columnist.  

Pam's TEDx talk chronicles her journey through the Arab Spring.



Congratulations to Pam.  TEDx is a wonderful program that highlights interesting and thought provoking speakers in a variety of ways.  It is great  to see some of my friends sharing their stories with the world!

Have A Great Day

thom singer

No comments: