Friday, October 12, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do - Jerry Shea: Palm Springs Realtor

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives. 


My cousin, Jerry Shea, is a successful Real Estate Agent in Palm Springs, California.  This week I had the chance to catch up with him while I was in PS to be the Master of Ceremonies and "Conference Catalyst" for the 2012 Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Aviation Summit.  One of the cool parts of my career as a professional speaker is that I get to visit a lot of great cities and see friends and family who live in these places.

Jerry is a busy man, but he made time in his schedule to come and meet me for a beer while I was in his neighborhood. We come from a big family (He and I are two of 26 grand-children on my mom's side... and most of my cousins are well over a decade older than I am). Growing up I was very close to Jerry's family.  His sister is my godmother and my youngest daughter is named after his mom (my aunt).  And most importantly, when I was in first grade it was Jerry who gave me my dog.  I desperately wanted a white female coc-a-poo (which was the type of dog that Jerry had).  He secretly worked with my parents to find me the right pet, and I will never forget him coming to our house and sending me out to his car to get a present.   There was the cutest puppy, which I named Margo.  For that alone he holds a high place of esteem in my world!!!

Jerry works hard to serve the Palm Springs community with their real estate needs.  It is a competitive marketplace, but he faithfully represents those who live locally and those from all over the world who have second homes in the booming desert community.

His website, JerryShea.com, is full of information about real estate, his business, and Palm Springs (and the surrounding communities).

Have A Great Day.

thom


No comments: