Friday, April 26, 2013

Cool Things My Friends Do - Jessica Pettitt at Dartmouth College

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and professional lives.

Dartmouth College canceled classes this Wednesday (April 24, 2013) because of issues around social justice and threats of violence following protests. My friend (and fellow speaker and NSA XY board member) Jessica Pettitt was brought to campus by the administration to address the entire student body and start a healthy dialogue.

Jessica is a professional speaker who specializes in social justice and diversity issues. She regularly speaks on college campuses and consults with corporations on issues surrounding tolerance and acceptance for EVERYONE in the education and work environments.  Jess is an amazing speaker who can captivate an audience while educating them on this very important topic.  (I am still waiting to find a link to the video from the Dartmouth presentation... when it is posted I will share it).

Her workshops, trainings, and keynotes take participants on a journey weaving together politics, theory, current events, and storytelling with large doses of humor.  Plus she make you think.

The presentation at Dartmouth was standing room only and was broadcast across campus (and I hear she got a roaring standing ovation!!!).  Read more about this event in the school's student newspaper; The Dartmouth. I have read comments about how wonderful her presentation was, and how it got the many in the student body to rethink how they will approach issues with those whom they disagree.

I love seeing my friends do such cool things!!!  Great Job, Jess.

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments: