Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cool Things My Friends Do: Feathr Wins the "Move My Start-Up to Austin Contest"

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

I met Aidan Augustin at the 2014 South by Southwest Interactive Conference in Austin, TX.  Aidan is the co-founder of Feathr, an event management app (company) that is helping to make the human-to-human connections at conferences better.  

When we met he had just won the Capital Factory's 2nd annual "Move Your Start-up to Austin Contest", and he and his team are currently making plans to relocate from Florida to Texas.

As a keynote speaker and "The Conference Catalyst" it gets me excited when anything is introduced that is designed to improve the ROI of live events.  While I have not yet seen the details of what Feathr provides, I am looking to spending time with my new friend (and learning about the technology they provide) when he gets to Austin. 

Capital Factory is a great place for Aidan to bring his young company.  Josh Baer and the team at Capital Factory have created a unique environment for start-up entrepreneurs to learn, grown and thrive.  I think it is cool that they won this contest, with over $100,000 in cash and prizes that allows the employees at Feathr to come to Austin and become part of our dynamic business scene.

(This is week #97 of "Cool Things My Friends Do")

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments: