Sunday, May 28, 2017

Your Mindset Brings More Business

If you want more business and desire for each member of your team to contribute more to the growth of you company, then you need to care about the mindset of the individual and the organization. 

In my research for the new "Paradox of Potential" keynote and workshop, I came across the work of Stanford's Dr Carol Dweck (both her book, Mindset, and her decades of research).  Dweck's teaching on a fixed vs growth mindset have had a material impact not only in how it supports what I am finding from speaking to hundreds of people about their own potential, but also in my bottom line.

When you see the world via a fixed mindset you do not challenge yourself to learn as much.  You may not see a need to try new things. If you are certain that your talent is god-given, either think you have enough, or you do not.  This will put limits on your ability to achieve more results.  You will be fast to give up or not put in enough practice and preparation. Thus there is little chance you will achieve more than you expected.  We humans tend to rise and fall to the expectations we believe.

If you do not think hard work, study, and practice will have an impact, why do it?  Easier to blame your IQ, circumstances, or other situations as being out of your control.

But I want to be in control.  It makes me feel right to know that I can impact my own future. A growth mindset brings possibility.  It is through this view of my activities (and I am trying to have this view when I am conscious of the choice) that I am achieving a record breaking year in sales and audience interaction. Believing that I can learn to engage clients (both those who hire me and the conference participants) is making it happen.  This has allowed me to seek ways to change how I behave daily in every interaction I have.  There is a new hunger to accomplish more.  I seek to to get those who hear my message to take real action..

Potential does not equal results. We have to work at finding ways to improve our abilities in countless areas of our lives. Henry Ford famously said, "whether you think you can, or your think you can't - you are right".  Do you think your potential is limited?  Do you have a mindset that is holding you back?  Why let your competitor win because he believes he can?

Your mindset, plus the right actions, will bring more business. 

Happy to share my own stories about what is changing in my business with anyone who wants to reach out (by the way, those with fixed mindsets never reach out).

Have A Great Day

thom singer



No comments: